Salmon Spread with Lemon and Dill
|1 lb cooked wild salmon fillet|
|1 cup butter, softened|
|rind of 1 lemon, chopped|
|juice of 1 lemon|
|3 tsp fresh dill, chopped|
|1/4 cup sliced almonds, coarsley chopped|
|kosher salt and ground white pepper|
This is a wonderful appetizer that can be served with crispy vegetables for dipping as well as with crusty bread and or crackers.
- Add the salmon to a large sauce pan and poach until the flesh flakes easily and is cooked through.
- Remove from the pan and allow to cool slightly.
- Flake the fish and place in a food processor with 2/3 of the butter, lemon rind and juice along with half of the dill.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Process until the mixture is smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Mix in the chopped almonds, taste for seasoning then place mixture into small ramekins.
- Clarify the remaining butter and pour over each ramekin to make a seal.
- Chill and serve with crudites and or crackers or crusty bread.