Savory Cheese Cake with Chilies and Avocado
|2 (8oz) packages of cream cheese, softened|
|1 (8oz) package of Monterrey jack cheese, shredded|
|2 8 oz sour cream|
|1 cup salsa|
|1 (4oz) can diced chili peppers, drained|
|1 small avocado, peeled and smashed|
|1 tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped|
|fresh cilantro for garnish|
|Tortilla chips for serving|
- Beat the cheeses with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the sour cream and add the eggs all at once. Beat at a low speed until well combined.
- Stir in the salsa and green chilies.
- Place the mixture into a 9 inch spring form pan. Place on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or til the center is set.
- Spread the remaining sour cream over the top of the cheese cake.
- Cool on a a rack, cover and chill for 8-24 hours.
- To serve remove the sides of the pan.
- Spoon the avocado dip around the edge of the cheese cake and sprinkle with the chopped tomato.
- Cut in wedges and serve with the tortilla chips, and garnish with chopped cilantro.