|24 large scallops|
|6 spring onions, green parts only|
|1 oz butter, melted|
|2 tsp lemon juice|
|1 tbs white wine|
|2 tsp mixed dried herbs|
|1/2 tsp onion powder|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
- Soak 24 wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Cut the spring onions in half length wise and then into 3 inch lengths.
- Line a baking tray with foil.
- Using a vegetable peeler, slice the zucchini and carrots length wise into ribbons.
- Plunge the vegetable strips a pot of boiling water and leave for 1 minute, then drain.
- Plunge into a bowl of iced water and leave until cold. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Roll each scallop in a strip of onion, carrot, and zucchini and secure with a wooden skewer.
- Combine the butter, lemon juice and wine in a small bowl. Brush over the scallops.
- Sprinkle with the combined herbs and onion powder. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place under a broiler or over a charcoal grill for 5-10 minutes or until the scallops are cook through. Do not over cook.