Shrimp and Calamari Salad
|1 lb large peeled shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails on|
|1 lb calamari, cut into 1/4 inch rings|
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|4 lemons, cut into wedges|
|Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.|
This is a super simple salad that is absolutely fresh and delicious.
- In a large bowl add 10 ice cubes and fill the bowl with water. Set aside.
- In a large sauce pan bring water to a boil. Once water is boiling, turn off heat and add some kosher salt.
- Add the shrimp and squid to the pan, cover and let sit for 3-4 minutes or until the shrimp and calamari is tender.
- Remove the shrimp and calamari from the pan and place them in the bowl with ice water to stop the cooking.
- Meanwhile cut the butter lettuce in shreds.
- In a large bowl add the shrimp and calamari and shredded lettuce. Add the olive oil and gently mix well.
- On four platters, evenly place the salad and serve with 2 lemon wedges per plate.
- Squeeze lemon juice over salad before eating.
- Season with a little salt and pepper if desired.