Stilton Stuffed Mushrooms
|2 lbs button mushrooms|
|6 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 cup butter, melted|
|juice 1 lemon|
|1/2 lb Stilton cheese, crumbled|
|1 cups walnuts, chopped|
|3 cups fresh bread crumbs|
|2/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated|
|4 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
|1 cup Greek Yogurt|
|1 bunch of fresh chopped herbs (your choice)|
|1 tbs Dijon mustard|
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms.
- Place the mushrooms in a baking dish and sprinkle half the garlic over them. Drizzle with 1/4 cup of the butter and the lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Cream the crumbled Stilton with the chopped walnuts and mix in 2 tbs of the bread crumbs.
- Divide the Stilton mixture among the bread crumbs.
- To make the sauce, mix the yogurt with the chopped fresh herbs and Dijon mustard until completely combined.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Mix the remaining garlic, breadcrumbs and melted butter together.
- Stir in the grated Parmesan and chopped fresh parsley. Season with black pepper.
- Cover the mushrooms with the breadcrumb mixture and broil for about 5 minutes, or until crisp and browned.
- Serve with the sauce.