Stuffed Deviled Eggs
|6 hard boiled eggs|
|1/4 cup minced ground cooked ham|
|1 tbs scallion, chopped|
|6 walnut halves, chopped|
|1 tbs Dijon mustard|
|1 tbs mayonnaise|
|2 tsp vinegar|
|dash of kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper|
|1/4 tsp cayenne pepper|
|Paprika and gherkin slices for garnish|
- Cut each hard boiled egg in half, lengthwise. Put the yolks in a bowl and set the whites aside.
- Mash the egg yolks well with a fork.
- Add the ham, nuts, scallions, mustard and mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Spoon the filling into the egg white halves or pipe it with a piping bag.
- Garnish with a little paprika and a small piece of pickle.
- Serve at room temperature.