Sushi- style Tuna Cubes
|1/2 lb sushi grade tuna 3/4 inch thick|
|1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 3/4 inch pieces|
|sesame seeds for sprinkling|
|2 tbs lemon juice|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1/2 tsp sugar|
|1/2 tsp wasabi paste|
|1/2 cup vegetable oil|
|2 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped|
|7 tbs soy sauce|
|1 tbs rice wine vinegar|
|1 tsp lemon juice|
|2 scallions, chopped|
|1 tsp sugar|
|3 dashes of hot chili oil|
- Cut the tuna into 1 inch pieces and arrange them in a single layer in a large non-metallic oven proof dish.
- Prepare the marinade in a small bowl. Stir in the lemon juice with the salt, sugar and wasabi paste.
- Slowly whisk in the oil until thoroughly blended and slightly creamy. Stir in the cilantro.
- Pour the marinade over the tuna cubes and toss to coat.
- Cover and marinate for about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the soy dipping sauce.
- Place the soy sauce, vinegar, lemon juice scallions, sugar and chili oil in a small bowl and mix it thoroughly. Set aside until ready to use.
- Preheat a broiler and line a baking sheet with foil, then thread a cube of tuna, then a piece of red pepper, alternately and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and broil for 3 minutes, turning once, just until the tuna starts to color.
- Remove and serve with the dipping sauce.