- 4 oz of mullet or salmon roe
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbs grated onion
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 4 slices white bread, crusts removed
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tbs milk
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Warm pita bread for serving
This is a wonderful Greek dip that usually calls for mullet roe. However you may also use salmon roe which is readily available.
- Place the roe, garlic, onion, bread and lemon juice in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add the milk and process again for a few seconds.
- Pour the taramasalata into a serving bowl, cover and chill for 1-2 hours before serving.
- Season the dip with salt and fresh ground black pepper before serving.