- 1 pastry dough for 9 inch pie
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 1 14 oz can of roma tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups of Mexican shredded cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a 9 inch pie dish with pastry dough. Alternatively you may us frozen store brought pie crusts.
- In a saute pan add the ground beef and brown using medium heat. Remove from heat and drain off fat using a wire strainer.
- Add meat to a bowl and stir in garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, cilantro, jalapeno and scallions and mix well.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl and add the cheese. Pour over the meat mixture and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the pie shell and bake for about 1 hour or until top is golden brown.