|1 pastry dough for 9 inch pie|
|1 lb ground chuck|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|1 tsp garlic powder|
|2 tsp ground cumin|
|2 tsp chili powder|
|2 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped|
|1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped|
|1/4 cup scallions, chopped|
|1 14 oz can of roma tomatoes, drained and chopped|
|1 and 1/2 cups of Mexican shredded cheese blend|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a 9 inch pie dish with pastry dough. Alternatively you may us frozen store brought pie crusts.
- In a saute pan add the ground beef and brown using medium heat. Remove from heat and drain off fat using a wire strainer.
- Add meat to a bowl and stir in garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, cilantro, jalapeno and scallions and mix well.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl and add the cheese. Pour over the meat mixture and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the pie shell and bake for about 1 hour or until top is golden brown.