Tuna Red Pepper Roulade
|3 large red bell peppers|
|1 8oz can of solid white tuna, drained|
|2 tbs lemon juice|
|3 tbs olive oil|
|3 green olives, pitted and chopped|
|3 black olives, pitted and chopped|
|2 tbs parsley, chopped|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|1 celery stick, minced|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper|
|butter lettuce leaves for garnish|
- Arrange the peppers on a baking sheet and place under a hot broiler. Cook turning them occasionally until all sides are charred and blistered. Alternatively you may roast them over a gas flame until the same result is achieved.
- Remove from the heat and place the peppers in a zip lock plastic bag and close top so that the peppers can steam and the skin will loosen.
- After about 5 minutes remove the peppers from the bag and remove the skin. Do not rinse.
- Cut the peppers into quarters and remove the stems, seeds and membranes.
- Meanwhile, flake the tuna and combine with the lemon juice and oil. Stir in the olives, parsley, garlic and celery.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay the pepper segments out flat, skinned side down.
- Divide the tuna mixture equally among them. Spread it out, pressing it into an even layer.
- Roll the peppers up and place the pepper rolls in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Just before serving, cut each roll in half with a sharp knife, then arrange of a lettuce covered serving platter.