Turkey Tenderloin with Gruyere
- 4 turkey tenderloin steaks, about 1 lb
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 tbs dry sherry
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- lemon wedges for serving
- Rinse turkey steaks then pat dry.
- Stir together the flour, lemon pepper and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a shallow dish stir together the eggs, dry sherry and water. Set aside.
- Stir together shredded cheese, bread crumbs and parsley.
- Coat the turkey steaks with flour mixture then dip into the egg mixture, then coat evenly with the bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet melt the butter. Cook turkey over medium heat for about 8 minutes, turning once. Add more butter if needed.
- Serve with lemon wedges.