Turkey Tenderloin with Gruyere
|4 turkey tenderloin steaks, about 1 lb|
|1/3 cup flour|
|2 tsp lemon pepper|
|1/4 tsp ground nutmeg|
|2 beaten eggs|
|1 tbs dry sherry|
|1 cup Gruyere cheese, shredded|
|1/2 cup dry bread crumbs|
|1/4 cup parsley, chopped|
|1/4 cup butter|
|lemon wedges for serving|
- Rinse turkey steaks then pat dry.
- Stir together the flour, lemon pepper and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a shallow dish stir together the eggs, dry sherry and water. Set aside.
- Stir together shredded cheese, bread crumbs and parsley.
- Coat the turkey steaks with flour mixture then dip into the egg mixture, then coat evenly with the bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet melt the butter. Cook turkey over medium heat for about 8 minutes, turning once. Add more butter if needed.
- Serve with lemon wedges.