Veal Chops with Wild Mushroom Sauce
- 4 veal loin chops
- 1 cup wild mushrooms, sliced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 tbs flour
- 3 tsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tbs dry white wine
- dash of Worcestershire sauce
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Season the chops with salt and pepper. Place the chops on the rack of a broiler pan and broil for about 15 minutes 3 or 4 inches from the heat.
- To make the sauce in a sauce pan cook the mushrooms and scallions in hot butter until tender.
- Stir in the flour and tarragon. Cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Slowly add in the milk and cook until thickened.
- Pour in the wine along with a little salt and pepper.
- After the chops have rested place them on a serving platter or on individual plates and pour some of the sauce over each chop.