Veal Chops with Wild Mushroom Sauce
|4 veal loin chops|
|1 cup wild mushrooms, sliced|
|2 scallions, chopped|
|1 tbs unsalted butter|
|1 tbs flour|
|3 tsp fresh tarragon, chopped|
|3/4 cup milk|
|2 tbs dry white wine|
|dash of Worcestershire sauce|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
- Season the chops with salt and pepper. Place the chops on the rack of a broiler pan and broil for about 15 minutes 3 or 4 inches from the heat.
- To make the sauce in a sauce pan cook the mushrooms and scallions in hot butter until tender.
- Stir in the flour and tarragon. Cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Slowly add in the milk and cook until thickened.
- Pour in the wine along with a little salt and pepper.
- After the chops have rested place them on a serving platter or on individual plates and pour some of the sauce over each chop.