Walnut and Garlic Dip
- 2 x 1/2 inches of white bread
- 4 tbs milk
- 1 and 1/4 cup walnuts
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 and 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs walnut oil (optional)
- juice of 1 lemon
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- paprika for dusting
- olive or walnut oil for drizzling
- Remove the crusts from the bread and soak in the milk for 5 minutes.
- Add the walnuts and garlic to the bowl of a food processor, then process into a thick paste.
- Gradually add the olive oil to the paste with the motor still running until the mixture forms a smooth thick sauce. Blend in the walnut oil, if using.
- Place the sauce into a bowl and add the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and drizzle a little more oil over and dust with paprika.