Almond Crusted Cheese Bites
|1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated|
|8 oz cold mashed pumpkin|
|1/3 cup flour|
|1 clove garlic, crushed|
|2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
|2 egg whites|
|8 oz almonds, finely chopped|
|oil for deep frying|
- Combine the cheese, pumpkin, flour, garlic and parsley in a large bowl.
- Beat the egg whites in a bowl until stiff, then stir into the pumpkin mixture.
- Mold small spoonfuls with your hands to form balls, then roll into the almonds.
- Place on a foil covered baking sheet and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Fill a large sauce pan or deep fryer 1/3 full with oil and heat the oil to 350-360 degrees.
- Deep fry the balls in batches until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.