|1 tbs flour|
|1 tbs corn starch|
|1 tsp ground cinnamon|
|2/3 cup super fine sugar|
|1 tsp grated lemon rind|
|1 cup ground almonds|
|2 egg whites|
|1/3 cup confectioners sugar|
This cookies are perfect with coffee or tea.
- Line two baking trays with foil or parchment paper.
- Sift the four, cornstarch, cinnamon and half the fine sugar into a large bowl then add the lemon rind and ground almonds.
- Place the egg whites in a small bowl and bean until the egg whites form soft peaks.
- Add the remaining fine sugar, gradually, beating constantly until the mixture is thick and glossy, stiff peaks form and all the sugar has dissolved.
- Using metal a metal spoon, fold the egg white into the dry ingredients.
- Stir until the ingredients are just combined and the mixture forms a soft dough.
- With wetted hands, roll 2 level tsp of the mixture at a time into a ball.
- Arrange on the prepared tray, allowing room for spreading.
- Set the tray aside, uncovered 1 hour before baking.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift the sugar icing over the biscuits.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until crisp and lightly browned.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cook.