Bacon And Cheese Corn Muffins
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 5 slices of crispy bacon
- kosher salt
- Using a cooking spray, cover 12, 2 and 1/2 inch muffin tins and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cheese along with a dash of kosher salt.
- Add in the egg and buttermilk and bacon and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tins
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 10-12 minutes until the tops are golden and a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes our clean.