Bacon And Cheese Corn Muffins
|1 and 1/2 cups flour|
|1/2 cup cornmeal|
|2 tbs sugar|
|1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded|
|2 tsp baking powder|
|1/4 tsp baking soda|
|1 beaten egg|
|1 cup buttermilk|
|1/3 cup canola oil|
|5 slices of crispy bacon|
- Using a cooking spray, cover 12, 2 and 1/2 inch muffin tins and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cheese along with a dash of kosher salt.
- Add in the egg and buttermilk and bacon and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tins
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 10-12 minutes until the tops are golden and a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes our clean.