Baked Potato Soup
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 5 strips of thick sliced bacon
- 4 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- kosher salt and fresh cracked blac
- Fry the bacon until crispy, crumble and set aside.
- Add the potatoes to cold water and bring to a boil. Cook for 20 minutes the remove the potatoes and set aside.
- Add the milk to a large sauce pan and bring to a boil, reduce heat and add the flour.
- Whisk the flour into the milk to form a creamy roux, about 3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- If soup becomes too thick add a little more milk.
- Season soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide soup among 4 bowls.
- Garnish with cheddar cheese, bacon and scallions.