Bean and Corn Salad
|1 (16oz) bag of frozen green beans|
|1 (16oz) can black eyed pea|
|1 (16oz) bag of frozen corn|
|2 large ripe tomatoes, chopped|
|1/2 cup chopped parsley|
|1 small red onion chopped|
|4 scallions, white and green parts, chopped|
|juice of 2 lemons|
|4 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.|
- Add the beans and corn to a sauce pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil reduce heat and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold water to cool.
- In a large bowl add all ingredients, except for the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Add the lemon juice to a boil and drizzle in the olive oil while whisking.
- Pour dressing over the salad.
- Season with salt and pepper, then gently mix well.