Bean and Corn Salad
- 1 (16oz) bag of frozen green beans
- 1 (16oz) can black eyed pea
- 1 (16oz) bag of frozen corn
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 4 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- juice of 2 lemons
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
- Add the beans and corn to a sauce pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil reduce heat and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold water to cool.
- In a large bowl add all ingredients, except for the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Add the lemon juice to a boil and drizzle in the olive oil while whisking.
- Pour dressing over the salad.
- Season with salt and pepper, then gently mix well.