Beer Batter Shrimp
|1 lb large shrimp, shelled, deveined, tails left on|
|1 cup flour, sifted|
|1 cup beer|
|1 tbs olive oil|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|canola oil for deep frying|
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, salt, pepper,olive oil and beer together. Mix until smooth.
- To remove any lumps press the batter through a wire mesh strainer.
- Let the batter rest, covered for 4 hours.
- Heat the oil to 365 degrees in a large sauce pan or deep fryer 1/3 the way full with oil.
- Hold the shrimp by the tail and dip into the batter, shaking off any excess.
- Fry the shrimp in the hot oil until golden. About 3 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels, then serve.