Bruschetta with Egg Dill Pesto and Prosciutto
|8 thin slices of prosciutto|
|1 and 1/2 oz fresh dill sprigs|
|2 and 1/2 oz pine nuts, toasted|
|2 oz Fresh grated Parmesan cheese|
|1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|1 or 2 French baguette sliced into 1/2 inch slices|
|2 tsp butter|
|7 eggs lightly beaten|
|1/3 cup milk|
|1 tbs sour cream|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread the prosciutto and an aluminum foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until sizzling and lightly crisp. Set aside.
- Finely chop the dill, pine nuts, Parmesan and garlic together in a food processor.
- With the motor running, add the oil in a thin stream and process until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the bread on foil covered baking trays and grill until golden brown on both sides.
- Spread with dill pesto.
- Heat the butter in a large non-stick saute pan, over low heat.
- Add the combined eggs and milk.
- As the egg begins to set, use a wooden spoon to scrape along the base with long strokes to bring the cooked egg to the surface in large lumps.
- Repeat several times for about 5-8 minutes or until the mixture is cooked but still creamy-looking.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the egg among the toasts and top with the torn prosciutto.