Caribbean Cream of Crab Soup
|2 tbs unsalted butter|
|2 tbs flour|
|2 hard boiled eggs|
|juice and rind of 1 lime|
|3 cups fish stock|
|2 cups milk|
|1 cup light cream|
|1/2 lb crab meat, flaked|
|kosher salt and white pepper to taste|
|dash Angostura bitters|
|1/4 cup dry sherry|
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add the flour.
- Cook stirring, for a minute or two.
- Remove from the heat and add the eggs, mashing them to a smooth paste.
- Add the juice and lime rind, then the fish stock, milk, cream and crab meat.
- Return the sauce pan to the heat and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the bitters and sherry and reheat gently.