Caribbean Cream of Crab Soup
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 2 tbs flour
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- juice and rind of 1 lime
- 3 cups fish stock
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup light cream
- 1/2 lb crab meat, flaked
- kosher salt and white pepper to taste
- dash Angostura bitters
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add the flour.
- Cook stirring, for a minute or two.
- Remove from the heat and add the eggs, mashing them to a smooth paste.
- Add the juice and lime rind, then the fish stock, milk, cream and crab meat.
- Return the sauce pan to the heat and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the bitters and sherry and reheat gently.