Chesapeake Oyster Fritters
- 1 pint of oysters
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tbs corn meal
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 cup oil
- Drain the oysters and reserve the liquor.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, cornmeal, salt and pepper.
- Gently fold in the oysters. The batter will be thick. If the batter becomes too thick add a little oyster liquor to thin it out.
- Heat oil in a saute pan and drop the batter into hot oil by tablespoonful, making sure it contains several oysters in each portion.
- Cook until brown on 1 side, then turn and cook on the other side. About 4 minutes total. Fritters should be golden brown on both sides.