Chesapeake Oyster Fritters
|1 pint of oysters|
|1/2 cup evaporated milk|
|1 cup flour|
|3 tbs corn meal|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|1 tsp black pepper|
|3/4 cup oil|
- Drain the oysters and reserve the liquor.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, cornmeal, salt and pepper.
- Gently fold in the oysters. The batter will be thick. If the batter becomes too thick add a little oyster liquor to thin it out.
- Heat oil in a saute pan and drop the batter into hot oil by tablespoonful, making sure it contains several oysters in each portion.
- Cook until brown on 1 side, then turn and cook on the other side. About 4 minutes total. Fritters should be golden brown on both sides.