Chicken Liver Pistachio Pate
|1 lb chicken livers, cleaned of gristle|
|2 cups chicken broth|
|8 oz cream cheese, softened|
|1 onion, grated|
|1 tart apple, grated and peeled|
|3 tsp apple jack brandy|
|1/2 cup pistachio's, shelled and minced|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
- In a saute pan, cook the livers in the broth for about 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Drain the livers and place them in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add the cream cheese, onion, apple and brandy. Process until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the pistachios and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Chill covered in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Serve with crackers and crusty bread.