Chicken Liver Pistachio Pate
- 1 lb chicken livers, cleaned of gristle
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 tart apple, grated and peeled
- 3 tsp apple jack brandy
- 1/2 cup pistachio's, shelled and minced
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- In a saute pan, cook the livers in the broth for about 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Drain the livers and place them in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add the cream cheese, onion, apple and brandy. Process until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the pistachios and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Chill covered in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Serve with crackers and crusty bread.