- 1 package of Tostadas Charras (Available at Latin markets)
- 1 cup refried beans
- 2 cups boiled shredded chicken
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- Bottled vinaigrette dressing
- Mexican hot sauce
- 2 pickled carrots, sliced diagonally
- 1 small jalapeno chilie strips
- 1 sliced tomato
- avocado strips
- 2 ozs Mexican hard white cheese, grated
A tosada is a flat crispy corn tortilla. It lends itself to the addition of many different toppings. It is common in the Baja region of Mexico.
- Toss the lettuce with vinaigrette.
- Spread the refried beans on the tostadas.
- Place the shredded chicken, carrots, lettuce, chilie strips on top.
- Top with a tomato slice and sprinkle with the crumbled cheese.
- Add several dashes of hot sauce.