|1 package of Tostadas Charras (Available at Latin markets)|
|1 cup refried beans|
|2 cups boiled shredded chicken|
|2 cups shredded lettuce|
|Bottled vinaigrette dressing|
|Mexican hot sauce|
|2 pickled carrots, sliced diagonally|
|1 small jalapeno chilie strips|
|1 sliced tomato|
|2 ozs Mexican hard white cheese, grated|
A tosada is a flat crispy corn tortilla. It lends itself to the addition of many different toppings. It is common in the Baja region of Mexico.
- Toss the lettuce with vinaigrette.
- Spread the refried beans on the tostadas.
- Place the shredded chicken, carrots, lettuce, chilie strips on top.
- Top with a tomato slice and sprinkle with the crumbled cheese.
- Add several dashes of hot sauce.