Classic Maryland Crab Cakes
- 1 lb jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- oil for frying.
- Remove any cartilage from the crab meat.
- In a bowl mix breadcrumbs, egg, mayonnaise and seasonings
- Add crab meat and very gently mix. If the mixture is too dry add a little more mayonnaise.
- Shape into 6 round cakes, pressing together gently with both hands.
- Cook crab cakes in hot oil, about 4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Alternately you may eight bake or broil, or deep fry the crab cakes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, broil turning once for 4 minutes per side or deep fry in 350 degree oil for about 3 minutes.