Classic Maryland Crab Cakes
|1 lb jumbo lump crab meat|
|1 cup panko bread crumbs|
|1 large egg|
|1/4 cup mayonnaise|
|1 tsp Worcestershire sauce|
|1 tsp Old Bay seasoning|
|1 tsp dry mustard|
|oil for frying.|
- Remove any cartilage from the crab meat.
- In a bowl mix breadcrumbs, egg, mayonnaise and seasonings
- Add crab meat and very gently mix. If the mixture is too dry add a little more mayonnaise.
- Shape into 6 round cakes, pressing together gently with both hands.
- Cook crab cakes in hot oil, about 4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Alternately you may eight bake or broil, or deep fry the crab cakes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, broil turning once for 4 minutes per side or deep fry in 350 degree oil for about 3 minutes.