Savory Lump Crab Cheesecake
|1 cup crushed Ritz crackers|
|3 tbs melted butter|
|2 8oz packages of cream cheese, softened|
|1/4 cup sour cream|
|1 tsp fresh lemon juice|
|1 tbs grated onion|
|1 tsp old bay seasoning|
|several drops Tabasco|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 lb of lump crab meat|
|1/2 cup sour cream|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the crackers and butter and use the mixture to line a 9 inch spring form plan.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool. Reduce the oven to 325 degrees.
- With an electric mixer, beat together until fluffy the cream cheese, eggs and 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- Add the lemon juice, onion, Old Bay seasoning, Tabasco, salt and pepper.
- Gently stir in the crab meat and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the cooled crust and bake for 50 minutes at 325 degrees until the cake sets.
- Remove from the oven and run a knife around the edge of the cake.
- Cool on a wire rack, then remove the sides from the pan.
- Spread the outside of the cake with sour cream.