|1 lb of backfin crab meat|
|1 tbs butter|
|1 tbs flour|
|1/2 cup milk|
|1 tsp minced dried onion|
|1 and 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce|
|2 slices white bread, cubed, crusts removed|
|1/2 cup mayonnaise|
|1 tbs lemon juice|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 tbs butter|
|paprika for garnish|
- Remove all cartilage from the crab meat
- In a medium size pan melt the butter and mix in the flour.
- Slowly add in the milk, stirring constantly, to keep the mixture smooth and free of lumps.
- Cook, stirring over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Mix in onion,Worcestershire sauce and bread cubes. Cool.
- Fold in mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- In another, melt the butter until lightly browned.
- Add the crab meat and toss lightly.
- Combine with sauce mixture.
- Put into individual ramekins or into a greased 1 qt casserole dish.
- Sprinkle paprika over the top.
- Bake at 450 degrees until hot and bubbly and lightly browned. About 10-15 minutes.