- 1 lb of backfin crab meat
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 tbs flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp minced dried onion
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 slices white bread, cubed, crusts removed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tbs butter
- paprika for garnish
- Remove all cartilage from the crab meat
- In a medium size pan melt the butter and mix in the flour.
- Slowly add in the milk, stirring constantly, to keep the mixture smooth and free of lumps.
- Cook, stirring over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Mix in onion,Worcestershire sauce and bread cubes. Cool.
- Fold in mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- In another, melt the butter until lightly browned.
- Add the crab meat and toss lightly.
- Combine with sauce mixture.
- Put into individual ramekins or into a greased 1 qt casserole dish.
- Sprinkle paprika over the top.
- Bake at 450 degrees until hot and bubbly and lightly browned. About 10-15 minutes.