Crab Meat and Jack Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- 2 lbs large button mushrooms
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 and 1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 cups crab meat
- 1 cup Jack cheese, shredded
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Wash and dry the mushrooms, then remove the stems. Mince the stems and set aside.
- Heat oil in a saute pan and saute the garlic and onion, 1 cup of the bread crumbs and the minced mushroom stems.
- Remove from the heat, add the crab meat, then season with salt and pepper. Gently mix well.
- Stuff the mushroom caps with the mixture.
- Place in a casserole dish and top with the remaining bread crumbs and the grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.