Crab Meat and Jack Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
|2 lbs large button mushrooms|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|2 garlic cloves, minced|
|1 onion, minced|
|1 and 1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs|
|2 cups crab meat|
|1 cup Jack cheese, shredded|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
- Wash and dry the mushrooms, then remove the stems. Mince the stems and set aside.
- Heat oil in a saute pan and saute the garlic and onion, 1 cup of the bread crumbs and the minced mushroom stems.
- Remove from the heat, add the crab meat, then season with salt and pepper. Gently mix well.
- Stuff the mushroom caps with the mixture.
- Place in a casserole dish and top with the remaining bread crumbs and the grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.