Cream of Pumpkin Soup
- 2 small onions, minced
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- freshly ground nutmeg for garnish
- In a large sauce pan add the butter and cook the onions until soft.
- Add the pumpkin and broth and bring to a boil over moderate heat.
- Stir in the cream and simmer, covered for about 15 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool slightly, then puree in batches in a blender or food processor.
- Transfer the puree to the pan and season to taste.
- Heat over low heat, stirring occasionally until the soup is hot.
- Garnish soup with freshly ground nutmeg.