Cream of Pumpkin Soup
|2 small onions, minced|
|2 tbs unsalted butter|
|2 cups canned pumpkin|
|1 cup chicken broth|
|1 cup heavy cream|
|Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|freshly ground nutmeg for garnish|
- In a large sauce pan add the butter and cook the onions until soft.
- Add the pumpkin and broth and bring to a boil over moderate heat.
- Stir in the cream and simmer, covered for about 15 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool slightly, then puree in batches in a blender or food processor.
- Transfer the puree to the pan and season to taste.
- Heat over low heat, stirring occasionally until the soup is hot.
- Garnish soup with freshly ground nutmeg.