|1 pint shucked oysters|
|2 lbs canned tomatoes|
|oyster liquor, tomato liquid plus water to equal 2 cups|
|1/2 cup chopped celery|
|1 cup chopped mushrooms|
|2 tbs chopped green pepper|
|1/4 cup butter|
|1 tbs minced onions|
|1 tsp hot sauce|
|1 tsp chili powder|
|1 tsp tarragon leaves|
|1/2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning|
|1/2 tsp sugar|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1/4 cup cornstarch|
|6 cups steamed rice|
- Drain oysters and reserve liquor.
- Drain tomatoes and reserve juice.
- In a large sauce pan mix tomatoes, liquid, celery, mushrooms, green pepper, butter, onion and seasonings.
- Simmer, covered for 1/2 hour.
- Thicken with cornstarch slurry.
- Add oysters and simmer just until edges of oysters curl.
- Serve over rice.