Danish Potato Puffs
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled, cooked, mashed
- kosher salt to taste
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- oil for deep frying
- Season the cooked, drained potatoes with salt in a large bowl.
- Add the flour and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon until the mixture resembles bread dough.
- Dust your hands with flour and shape the mixture into little balls, about 1 inch in diameter.
- Partially flatten the balls and put a tsp of brown sugar on top of each, then reshape each into a ball.
- Roll the balls in sesame seeds.
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan or deep fryer to 365 degrees, and deep fry the puffs until they turn golden. About 3-5 minutes.