Dominican Camarones Rellenos
|24 jumbo shrimp|
|4 tbs anchovy paste|
|4 tbs unsalted butter|
|1 cup fresh breadcrumbs|
|2 tbs lime juice|
|2 tbs onion juice|
|1 tsp fresh parsley|
|1 cup flour|
This is a version of Dominican stuffed Shrimp.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbs unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup flat beer
- 1 egg separated
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Oil for deep frying
- tartar sauce
- Peel and devein the shrimp, making and extra deep and long incision to serve as a pocket for the stuffing.
- Combine the anchovy paste, butter, bread crumbs, lime juice, onion juice and pepper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- To make the batter, sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Make a well in the center and add the butter, beer and the yolk of the egg. Mix quickly and thoroughly, and set aside in a warm place.
- Stuff each shrimp with about 1 tsp of the anchovy stuffing, and dust lightly with flour.
- Beat the egg white until stiff and fold into the batter.
- Dip the stuffed shrimp into the batter and fry in deep oil heated to 350 degrees, in batches.
- Drain on paper towels and sprinkle them with grated cheese.
- Serve with tartar sauce.