- 1 tbs diced salt pork
- 1 onion, cut into thin slices
- 5 small potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- pinch white pepper
- 1 lb cod fillets
- 1 and 1/2 tbs unsalted butter
- 2 cups milk
- In a large sauce pan, cook the salt pork over moderate heat until it starts to turn golden.
- Stir in the onion and cook until the onion is tender. About 10 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, water, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes covered.
- Add the cod fillets and cook over medium heat until the potatoes and fish is tender.
- Do not cut the fish. Just put the fish in whole as it will break up by itself.
- Stir in the butter and milk and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with oyster crackers.