|1 tbs diced salt pork|
|1 onion, cut into thin slices|
|5 small potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes|
|1/2 cup water|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|pinch white pepper|
|1 lb cod fillets|
|1 and 1/2 tbs unsalted butter|
|2 cups milk|
- In a large sauce pan, cook the salt pork over moderate heat until it starts to turn golden.
- Stir in the onion and cook until the onion is tender. About 10 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, water, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes covered.
- Add the cod fillets and cook over medium heat until the potatoes and fish is tender.
- Do not cut the fish. Just put the fish in whole as it will break up by itself.
- Stir in the butter and milk and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with oyster crackers.