Fresh Porcini Tomato Sauce
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 lb fresh porcinis, stemmed and thinly sliced.
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup dried white wine
- 4-6 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced.
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
- Heat the oil in a large sauce pan. When hot add the mushrooms and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat, tossing the mixture until the mushrooms are slightly wilted and lightly browned. 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in wine and raise heat to high.
- Bring to a boil and reduce by half.
- Add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring back to a boil and stir occasionally until the sauce thickens somewhat.
- Serve over pasta.
- Note: you may substitute any mushrooms you would like.