- 2 large ripe tomatoes
- 2 tbs mayonnaise
- 2 tbs Parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- Fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Cut each tomato into 4 slices.
- Combine mayonnaise with 1 tbs of Parmesan cheese, basil garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well and spread slices with the mixture.
- Sprinkle with additional 1 tbs Parmesan cheese.
- Place tomatoes on a foil covered baking pan and place under a hot broiler.
- Broil until tops are bubbly and slightly browned. About 3 minutes.