Hawaiian Flank Steak Marinade
|1/2 cup pineapple juice|
|1 cup soy sauce|
|1/2 cup vinegar|
|1/2 cup brown sugar|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|2-3 lbs flank steak|
- In a sauce pan, bring pineapple juice, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar and garlic to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Let marinade cool.
- Score flank steak lightly on both sided.
- Place in a large zip lock bag and pour cooled marinade over steak.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours, or overnight, rotating every few hours.
- When ready to serve, grill or broil for about 5 minutes on each side for medium rare.
- Cut across the grain in thin slices to serve.