- 1/4 cup raw white rice
- 1/4 cup almonds, toasted
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups sweetened vanilla flavored non dairy milk (soy milk works well)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
This is a popular Latin American drink.
- Combine rice and almonds in a food processor and process to a powder.
- Bring water to a boil, then pour over powdered rice and almonds.
- Let soak for 1 hour.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Strain through a wire mesh strainer and serve cold over ice in tall glasses.