Indian Marinated Beef Kabobs
|1 and 1/2 cups plain yogurt|
|juice of 1 lemon|
|1/2 tsp fresh lime juice|
|2 tbs red wine|
|1 onion, minced|
|2 tsp curry powder|
|3 bay leaves|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 lbs of lean beef, cut into 1 inch cubes|
|8 large mushroom caps|
|2 medium onions, cut into chunks|
|1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1 inch squares|
|1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1 inch squares|
- Make the marinade by blending together the yogurt, lemon juice, lime juice, red wine, minced onion, curry powder bay and bay leaves.
- Season the beef with salt and pepper.
- Add the beef and mix well with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning several times.
- Remove the beef and reserve the marinade.
- Thread the beef on 8 pre-soaked wooden skewers, alternating with the peppers and mushrooms.
- Grill over hot charcoal, basting with the marinade, turning several times
- Cooking time depends on how you want the beef cooked. Medium rare is about 10 minutes.