Italian Cheese Cake
- 1 and 1/2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 1 lb cream cheese, softened
- 1 and 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 6 tbs flour
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 tbs pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Put the ricotta and cream cheese into a large bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add the sugar and the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition of eggs.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a greased and lightly floured 9 inch spring form pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, then turn off the heat, but leave the cake in the oven for an additional 2 hours.
- Remove the cake from the oven, then refrigerate.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.