Italian Eggplant Rolls
- 2 medium eggplants
- flour for dredging
- 2 eggs beaten
- olive oil
- 1/2 lb mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 lb ricotta mixed with 1 tbs of fresh chopped parsley
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Parmesan cheese, grated for garnish
- Wash the eggplants, remove stems, peel and thinly slice lengthwise.
- Dredge the egg plant slices in flour, dip into beaten egg and fry until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Place a slice of mozzarella in the middle of each eggplant slice, then add a scoop of ricotta.
- Roll up the eggplant slices and place the rolls seam side down, in a greased shallow baking pan, and top with a little marinara sauce.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree over for about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and grated Parmesan.