Italian Eggplant Rolls
|2 medium eggplants|
|flour for dredging|
|2 eggs beaten|
|1/2 lb mozzarella cheese, sliced|
|1 lb ricotta mixed with 1 tbs of fresh chopped parsley|
|2 cups marinara sauce|
|Parmesan cheese, grated for garnish|
- Wash the eggplants, remove stems, peel and thinly slice lengthwise.
- Dredge the egg plant slices in flour, dip into beaten egg and fry until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Place a slice of mozzarella in the middle of each eggplant slice, then add a scoop of ricotta.
- Roll up the eggplant slices and place the rolls seam side down, in a greased shallow baking pan, and top with a little marinara sauce.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree over for about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and grated Parmesan.