Italian Peas and Rice
|2 tbs onion, minced|
|3 and 1/2 tbs olive oil|
|1 garlic clove, minced|
|1 cup uncooked rice|
|2 cups chicken or vegetable stock|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1/2 cup cooked ham, diced|
|1 cup cooked peas|
|1/2 cup pimientos, diced|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium oven proof saute pan, saute the onion in the olive oil over medium heat until light and golden in color.
- Add the garlic and saute for another minute.
- Stir in the rice and saute until it is light brown in color. About 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the stock and season with salt and pepper and slowly bring to a boil. Let boil for 2 minutes, then cover and bake in the oven until most of the remaining liquid has almost been absorbed. 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the ham, peas and pimientos. Re-cover and return to the oven for another 3-5 minutes.