Italian Peas and Rice
- 2 tbs onion, minced
- 3 and 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cooked ham, diced
- 1 cup cooked peas
- 1/2 cup pimientos, diced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium oven proof saute pan, saute the onion in the olive oil over medium heat until light and golden in color.
- Add the garlic and saute for another minute.
- Stir in the rice and saute until it is light brown in color. About 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the stock and season with salt and pepper and slowly bring to a boil. Let boil for 2 minutes, then cover and bake in the oven until most of the remaining liquid has almost been absorbed. 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the ham, peas and pimientos. Re-cover and return to the oven for another 3-5 minutes.