Italian White Clam Sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (8oz) bottles of clam juice
- 1 cup half and half\
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup of dry white wine
- 1/2 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 tbs oregano
- 4 tbs fresh parsley, minced for garnish
- 4 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 1 lbs of fresh little neck clams washed and 6 (6oz) cans of chopped clams\ \
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste\
- pasta for serving
- Parmesan for serving
- In a large saute pan heat the olive oil over low heat then add the garlic.
- Add the butter and half and half and bring almost to a boil.
- Add the shell clams, the chopped clams. juice, wine, oregano, and simmer until clams open or for about 5 minutes. The sauce will reduce by about 1/3. Remove the clams and sauce from the heat as soon as all the clams are open. Discard any clams that do not open.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve add cooked pasta to plates and arrange an equal number of shelled clams around plate, then spoon the sauce over.
- Garnish with parsley and fresh grated Parmesan if desired.