Japanese Ramen Soup
- 2 (3oz) packages of instant Ramen noodles
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 ounces shredded chicken or other meat of your choice
- 1 cup of button or other type of mushroom caps, sliced
- 4 scallions, white and green parts, thinly cut on the bias
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 eggs (optional)
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Sambal (optional)
This recipe is a way for you to make some delicious authentic Ramen Soup. To start get rid of the flavor packet that is usually included with the noodles.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large sauce pan and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. About 5 minutes
- Crack the eggs into separate ramekins or cups, then gently slide it into the soup. Cook for 1 minute, then turn off the heat, cover and let the soup sit for about 3 minutes.
- If you like spicy add as much Sambal as desired.