|2 shallots, minced|
|1 small onion, minced|
|2 tsp olive oil|
|3 cups water|
|1 cup dry green lentils|
|1 red potato, peeled and diced|
|1 large tomato, peeled and diced|
|1 stalk celery, diced|
|1 small carrot, slivered|
|1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped|
|kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste|
|Dry croutons and chopped chives|
- In a deep soup pot, saute the shallots and onions in the olive oil.
- Add the water and lentils and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, adding more water if needed.
- Cook lentils until barely tender.
- Add all other vegetables and seasoning.
- Continue cooking at least 20 minutes longer.
- Add the mixture to a food processor and puree.
- Serve warm and garnish with croutons and chives.