Lobster and Corn Soup
|1 lb cooked lobster meat, cut into cubes|
|1 tbs bourbon|
|3 strips bacon, chopped|
|2 leeks, white parts only, split and cleaned and cut into slices|
|1 lb frozen corn|
|1/2 cup dry white wine|
|1 quart heavy cream|
|kosher salt and white pepper to taste|
|1 tbs chives, chopped for garnish|
- Marinate the lobster in the bourbon for 1 hour.
- In a medium sauce pan, saute the bacon and leeks in a little oil over medium heat, until the leeks a soft.
- Add the corn and saute gently for about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and bring the soup to a simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the heat and puree in a blender until smooth.
- Return to the heat and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the lobster meat in the bottom of 6 soup bowls.
- Pour the soup over the lobster meat and garnish with chives.