Maple Caramel Sauce
- 4 oz butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, dark amber
This was served at the 2013 Presidential Inauguration:
- In a small sauce pan over medium high heat, melt the butter.
- Add the sugar and salt.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar is completely dissolved, then adjust heat to medium and boil for 2 minutes longer.
- Add maple syrup and boil, stirring frequently, until sauce is thick and smooth and coats a spoon. About 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and hold warm for serving.
- Serve over ice cream, cake, pie or any dessert where extra sweetness is desired.