Maryland Pan Fried Oysters
|1 and 1/2 pints of select oysters|
|2 eggs beaten|
|2 tbs milk|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|dash of black pepper|
|1 and 1/2 cups bread crumbs|
|1 and 1/2 cups flour|
|oil for frying|
- Drain oysters. Reserve liquor for another use.
- Mix egg, milk and seasonings in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix bread crumbs and flour.
- Roll oysters in the crumb mixture, dip in the egg mixture, and then roll again in the crumbs.
- Fry over medium heat, in just enough oil to keep them from sticking, until brown on one side. About 3-5 minutes
- Carefully turn over and brown on the other side.
- Drain on paper towels and serve right away.