Maryland Pan Fried Oysters
- 1 and 1/2 pints of select oysters
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tbs milk
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- dash of black pepper
- 1 and 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour
- oil for frying
- Drain oysters. Reserve liquor for another use.
- Mix egg, milk and seasonings in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix bread crumbs and flour.
- Roll oysters in the crumb mixture, dip in the egg mixture, and then roll again in the crumbs.
- Fry over medium heat, in just enough oil to keep them from sticking, until brown on one side. About 3-5 minutes
- Carefully turn over and brown on the other side.
- Drain on paper towels and serve right away.