Moroccan Lamb Soup
- 1 lb of lean lamb, cut into 1 inch strips
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup canned chick peas, drained
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- In a large sauce pot add the olive oil and using medium high heat brown the lamb along with the ginger and turmeric.
- Raise the heat to high and add the tomatoes, onions, chick peas, coriander, broth, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then cover the pot and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer for about 1 hour until the meat is tender.
- Remove from the heat and slowly add the eggs, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the lemon juice and cinnamon.