Moroccan Lamb Soup
|1 lb of lean lamb, cut into 1 inch strips|
|3 tbs olive oil|
|1/2 tsp ground ginger|
|1 tsp turmeric|
|2 medium ripe tomatoes, cubed|
|1/2 cup chopped onions|
|1 cup canned chick peas, drained|
|1 tsp ground coriander|
|2 quarts chicken broth|
|kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 eggs, beaten|
|1 tsp ground cinnamon|
- In a large sauce pot add the olive oil and using medium high heat brown the lamb along with the ginger and turmeric.
- Raise the heat to high and add the tomatoes, onions, chick peas, coriander, broth, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then cover the pot and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer for about 1 hour until the meat is tender.
- Remove from the heat and slowly add the eggs, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the lemon juice and cinnamon.