Moroccan Lamb Stew
|1 lb of lean lamb cut into chunks|
|3 tbs olive oil|
|1/2 tsp ground ginger|
|1/2 tsp turmeric|
|2 medium ripe tomatoes, cubed|
|1/2 cup chopped onions|
|1 cup of canned or cooked chickpeas, drained|
|1/2 tsp coriander seed, crushed|
|2 quarts of chicken or lamb stock|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 eggs well beaten|
|1 and 1/2 tbs lemon juice|
|ground cinnamon to taste|
- In a large sauce pan or stock pot, add the olive oil.
- Using medium high heat brown the lamb on all sides.
- Once the lamb has started to brown add the ginger and turmeric.
- Raise the heat to high and add the tomatoes, onions, chickpeas, coriander and broth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then cover the pot and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer uncovered for about an hour, or until the lamb is tender.
- Remove from the heat and slowly add the eggs, stirring constantly.
- Gently stir in the lemon juice and cinnamon.