Mozzarella Artichoke and Salmon Bruschetta
|12 slices of French baguette, cut about 3/4 inch thick|
|1 lb of mozzarella cheese cut into 2 inch squares|
|2 canned artichoke hearts, halved|
|1 garlic clove, minced|
|1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped|
|4 anchovy fillets|
|1 tbs unsalted butter, softened|
|4 thin slices smoked salmon|
These are wonderful as a pass around appetizer.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Layer a greased baking pan with the bread and cover each slice with squares of mozzarella.
- Bake until the cheese has melted.
- Meanwhile, saute the artichoke hearts with the garlic and parsley in olive oil for 3-4 minutes.
- in a small bowl, mix the anchovies with 1 tbs of butter and mix to form a paste.
- When the cheese has melted, remove the bread from the oven and top 4 slices with the artichoke mixture. 4 slices with the anchovy mixture, and 4 slices with the smoked salmon.